The proposed Olympic parking zone for Leabridge ward was discussed at the Clapton Conference this week. Details have now been released (scroll down for information about drop in meetings – there’s one this Tuesday):
The temporary parking protection area will operate Monday – Sunday, 8am to 9pm between 21 June and 9 September 2012. Existing parking zones within the area will have their days and times extended (for more details see the map (PDF) ) between the following dates:
- Existing Zone K, in the Hackney Wick area, between 21 June and 9 September 2012
- All other existing parking zones in the protection area (Dc, Ds, F, J, N and any future CPZs in place prior to the Games) between 20 July and 9 September 2012
If you have a valid parking permit you will not need to do anything further to park in your zone during the games.
If you live or run a business on a street in the protection area with no parking controls you will need a Games-time permit to park. We are funding the scheme and working with Hackney Council to ensure that this process is hassle-free.
We will send you details on how to apply in May and you will not need to do anything until you receive our letter.
You will be able to get visitor permits for use during the games period. In May we will send you details about the number of permits available as well as provisions for customers and other visitors to park near local businesses.
We will be running information drop in sessions for you to view our plans of how your streets will be affected by traffic management and parking measures during the games. Please come along to one of the following sessions:
- Tuesday 6 March, 3.30 – 7pm – Lauriston School, Rutlands Road E9 7JS
- Wednesday 7 March, 4 – 7pm – Millfields School, Hilsea Street E5 0SH
- Tuesday 20 March – Drop in: 3.30 – 5.30pm, Community Meeting: 5.30 – 8.30pm -Wally Foster Community Centre, Homerton Road, E9 5QB
- Tuesday 27 March, 3.30 – 7pm – Gainsborough Primary School, Berkshire Road, E9 5ND.
You will receive information on how to apply for parking permits and/or visitor permits in May.